Focus: Movement and Equipment
And just like that they’re walking. Here are some things to expect in this age range. Slightly wobbly, your child is moving independently, picking things up, turning knobs and handles, and moving and swaying to music. The development window is much wider as are the progressions.
During this developmental stage, most 1-2 year olds can understand and respond to words, identify objects that are similar and different, imitate actions and languages of adults and, most importantly, learn through exploration.
What to expect in class
Expect your little one to learn and grow through movement and exploration. We will utilize equipment such as balls, crawl tunnels, and weighted objects to help strengthen their upper and lower bodies as well as their cores. Throughout this period, we begin to build on social and emotional skills with friends in the class.
*Each session is 45 minutes
Empowered Sports and Fitness has a 24 hour cancellation policy. When canceling more than 24 hours in advance, you will receive a credit to be used at any time during the 12 week period - as long as there is availability for the class you choose. Keep in mind that there is a 2 week make-up period for a package of 10 sessions. Additionally, please note that a "no show" to a class cannot be refunded or used towards another class. Credits for a missed class cannot be transferred to a future package once the 12 week period is over. Once a package is started, the fee is non-refundable.
Covid Policy for infants and toddlers
Parents will be required to sign and agree to the following prior to attending classes:
- Adults must show proof of vaccination prior to or at the first session.
- Masks must be worn at all times in our gym. This requirement may change in the future.
- Only one adult may accompany a registered child. No additional adults or children will be allowed in the gym.
- Children that can walk or crawl are allowed to move around, however, we request that parents/caregivers avoid following them around. Adults should be seated at least 6 feet apart.
- Personalized equipment will be provided for each participant and will not be shared between participants. All equipment is disinfected after every class.
- Caregiver’s and children's hands must be sanitized before and after class.
- Entering and leaving the space will be staggered in order to not crowd the lobby area.
- At the end of class, participants should pack up as quickly as possible to not hold up others.
- Windows will be open during class, therefore, please dress appropriately.
- Parents must notify ES&F at least 24 hours in advance if their child cannot attend a class.
- Credit will not be applied for a late cancellation notice or a "no show" to class.