Focus: Sensory Development
Intro: During 0-3 months, newborns are developing their rooting reflexes. You might find your little one tugging or pulling on their own hands and feet, bringing their hands to their mouths and, significantly, the beginning stages of head control. From 3-6 months, babies begin to develop greater dexterity and strength. You may notice your little one beginning to roll over, grasping for objects, and playing with toys.
During 0-3 months, newborns begin to see objects more clearly, such as moving objects and faces. They begin to detect different pitches and volumes, colors, and some facial expressions. From 3-6 months, babies expand their field of perception to recognize familiar faces and sounds, and they develop the ability to imitate expressions and sounds.
What to expect in class
Our 0-6 month class focuses on a sensory diet of stimulating objects, sounds, and movements. Parents and caretakers will learn how to play with their little ones while specifically assisting the improvement of attention, arousal, and adaptive responses.
*Each session is 45 minutes
Empowered Sports and Fitness has a 24 hour cancellation policy. When canceling more than 24 hours in advance, you will receive a credit to be used at any time during the 12 week period - as long as there is availability for the class you choose. Keep in mind that there is a 2 week make-up period for a package of 10 sessions. Additionally, please note that a "no show" to a class cannot be refunded or used towards another class. Credits for a missed class cannot be transferred to a future package once the 12 week period is over. Once a package is started, the fee is non-refundable.
Covid Policy for infants and toddlers
Parents will be required to sign and agree to the following prior to attending classes:
- Adults must show proof of vaccination prior to or at the first session.
- Masks must be worn at all times in our gym. This requirement may change in the future.
- Only one adult may accompany a registered child. No additional adults or children will be allowed in the gym.
- Children that can walk or crawl are allowed to move around, however, we request that parents/caregivers avoid following them around. Adults should be seated at least 6 feet apart.
- Personalized equipment will be provided for each participant and will not be shared between participants. All equipment is disinfected after every class.
- Caregiver’s and children's hands must be sanitized before and after class.
- Entering and leaving the space will be staggered in order to not crowd the lobby area.
- At the end of class, participants should pack up as quickly as possible to not hold up others.
- Windows will be open during class, therefore, please dress appropriately.
- Parents must notify ES&F at least 24 hours in advance if their child cannot attend a class.
- Credit will not be applied for a late cancellation notice or a "no show" to class.